Our co-op cannot properly run without parent teachers. Parent teachers typically teach classes that cost less than our contracted classes, giving our families a wide range of class choices based on their own personal budgets. Being a parent teacher enables you to connect with the kids on a different level and allows you to make amazing connections with the families of our co-op.
- Session Commitment: Every teacher must commit to the entire session. Our sessions typically run for 11-12 weeks. If there is a specific week you are not going to be available, prior arrangements must be made.
- Teacher Meeting: A mandatory teacher meeting is held the week before the start of each session.
- Attendance for Teachers: The co-op depends on our teachers to teach their class, while we understand that children get sick and unexpected things happen we ask that our teachers make every effort possible to attend their scheduled class. If that is not possible, teachers are expected to contact our Teacher Support Coordinator as soon as possible so alternative arrangements can be made for your class.
- Volunteer Hours as a Teacher: As a teacher, the hour you are teaching applies to your volunteer hours. If you have 3 or more children, you will be asked to volunteer in another classroom for one hour. Please be aware that on days that we are missing families, we may need to have you cover missing volunteer hours.
- Clean-up Crew as a Teacher: Since our teachers already do so much, we only ask that they clean up 2 weeks out of the entire session. You can sign up with our Facilities Coordinator at the teacher meeting.
- Priority Registration: Priority registration allows our instructor’s children preferred placement in classes. You must register during priority registration or you will lose the preferred placement
benefit and your registration will be processed in the order it is received.
- Teacher Discount on non-contracted classes: You will also receive a teacher discount of $10 off all non-contracted classes on your child’s classes (there is no discount on contracted classes). Teacher discounts are calculated on the invoice you receive during our parent teacher meeting.
- Teacher Discount on taught classes: As a parent teacher, you will only be charged $7 when you enroll your child in your own class.
- Please keep the following in mind:
- You must still register your child so we can plan the appropriate room set up.
- The class being taught must be age appropriate for your child.
- Your budget will be based on the number of students in your class not including your own child.
- All children must be registered in an age-appropriate class during the hour that you are teaching.
- If you exceed your budget during the session, you will be responsible for your child’s supply cost.
- Please keep the following in mind:
- Supervised Children: Teachers are not to leave any child unattended in a classroom. If at any time you do not have a parent volunteer and to step away, please ask for an adult from the closest classroom to oversee your class.
- Dress Code for Teachers: Teachers are expected to follow the same dress code as our children and families.
- Cleaning up the Classroom: As a parent teacher we ask that you try to clean up as you go throughout your class, if your class has extra time at the end we ask that you take care of the chairs, garbage and wipe down the tables. This enables our Clean-up Crew to finish earlier.
- Fire Drills: When a fire alarm is triggered teacher are to have students line up by the door, followed by the volunteers. The teacher is required to lead the children to the parking lot through the nearest exit. Teachers are to take roll and alert the board if any child is unaccounted for.
- Teacher communication with Parents: Teachers need to email their student’s parents any information or announcements for their class. These email addresses will be provided on your class roster.
- Visitors and Extracurricular Activities: Please notify the Board of any visitors or extracurricular activities, including field trips, performances, and holiday activities. Please note IMPACT will not
coordinate any off site field trips, performances, etc.
- Attendance and Class Admittance: The first two weeks of class you will receive a tentative class roster. Please set aside time to take attendance and verify the class roster provided to you. Your class size on the third week will determine your final class contracted rate, so please report any discrepancies to Registrar, as soon as they are detected. No child is to be admitted or switched from one class to another, or given verbal approval regarding admittance into your class without prior approval from our Registrar.
- Restroom Breaks and Release of Students: Children are permitted to use the restroom or drinking fountain at the teacher’s discretion. Please remember no adult is allowed to be go in the restroom with a child alone (unless it is their own child). At the end of your class hour, please do not release the children out early. Use this time to clean up the classroom as much as possible.
- Discipline and Sick Policy: If a student is sick, or out of line and will not respond to the direction of the instructor please send the student with a parent volunteer to see an available Board Member. The matter will be addressed with the parent immediately and a decision will be made regarding the student’s return to class. If there is not a parent volunteer available to act as an escort, please seek help from an adjacent classroom. Please ensure your classroom always has an adult present.
Class Budgets & Reimbursement
- Determining Your Class Cost: Before submitting a request to teach it is imperative that you price out the materials and items you will need for the entire session. Once you have that dollar amount you are able to divide it by the number of students expected in your class. This will give you a good estimate for your class cost (Be aware that we will add $7 to your class cost for co-op fees).
- Reimbursement with Receipt: Due to our non-profit status, IMPACT will only reimburse you for expenses incurred with a receipt or other approved documentation. Expense Reimbursement Form
- Reimbursable Items: Items submitted for reimbursement must be required for your curriculum. Any single item over $30 must be approved ahead of time by the Treasurer.
- Supply Budgets: Budgets for your classes are established by you and the Registrar and approved by our Program Director. IMPACT will reimburse you for expenses up to this amount. If you are unsure of your expense limit, please speak to our Treasurer before making your purchase.
- Budget Per Student: The cost of each class is the per student amount you put on your teacher request plus $7 to cover IMPACT operating expenses.
- Reimbursement Periods: Receipts will be reimbursed twice a session. Your receipts MUST be submitted no later than the 5th week for a mid session (6th week) reimbursement and again by the 10th week for final reimbursement (11th week) using the Receipt Reimbursement Form available at the information table or on the IMPACT website. * Please note any receipts not submitted by the 10th week may not be reimbursed.
If you have a large expense and need immediate reimbursement, please speak with the Treasurer. Please fill out the reimbursement sheet per instructions listed on the sheet to avoid delay of payment to the next scheduled reimbursement date.
- Expenses After the 10th week: Any expenses anticipated after the 10th week MUST be approved prior to incurring said expenses. Again, reimbursement will be given only on receipts turned in by the 10th week unless prior approval is received. We are only able to reimburse for expenses from the current session.
- Photocopies: Submit your receipt for any copies made at a local copy store and the full amount will be deducted from your class supply budget. If you use your own copier, we will reimburse you 5 cents for black and 34 cents for color. We will not reimburse for printing cartridges.